Ring making workshop
Have you been looking for the perfect date/ friend hang/ creative activity?
Come spend an afternoon learning the traditional art of lost wax casting to make a ring of your very own!
You will be guided through the process of making your ring from wax which will later be cast in metal and polished up for you in the weeks following the workshop. You'll leave with your very own hand-crafted ring and maybe even a new friend!
We will primarily focus on signet rings or organic forms but you are welcome to come with your own ideas. The workshop is suitable for everyone, no existing skills required.
- A drink on arrival
- A relaxed and casual studio atmosphere with lots of time to play around and experiment.
- A maximum of four people per class meaning you get to ask lots of questions.
- All necessary materials and tools provided
- Choice of final piece cast in solid 925 silver (included in cost) or gold (at an extra cost - can be quoted on the day)
- Polishing of your piece which will be ready to pick up within 2-3 weeks. Postage available at an additional cost.
Brunswick East location near the corner of Albert Street and Lygon Street - the exact address will be shared with you in the lead up to your class. Accessible via the 1 and 6 Lygon St trams with street parking also available.
Accessibility - please note that the studio is up one flight of stairs and not accessible by wheelchair.
Cancellation policy: please note that any cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the event will result in full forfeit of the workshop fee. With more notice I will do my very best to accommodate alternative solutions.